Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Veggie Wednesday: Grow Your Own - III

My garden is coming along nicely, if a little slowly. We don't get a whole lot of sun in the backyard, but I won't let that deter me from growing what I can. Here are some photos of what's going on out there:


This is baby leaf lettuce. I start them out close together, and when it's time to thin them, the baby lettuces are the perfect size to harvest and eat. I let the rest stay in the ground until they're big enough to pick.


Zucchini plants doing well. I'm hoping the earwigs leave it alone this year.


Parsley on the upward climb. I can't wait for this to really get going.


A brand new green bean. These have come a long way since that first week!


While I'm out checking on the garden and minding my own business, this furry little guy starts chattering away at me and seeming very annoyed that I'm anywhere near his home. He just needs to stay away from my greens.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your site and really enjoyed it. I got a kick out of your meeting with the squirrel. By me there are a lot of deer that eat my flowers. the're beautiful but drive me nuts! Please visit my blog for banquet managers - So You Want To Be a Banquet Manager.com

toontz said...

Anne, HA! The dreaded squirrel—my husband’s enemy, too. It sits in our tree and looks into the kitchen to tease the dog. Your garden is coming along beautifully!

Whistle Britches said...

Well be posting some pics of our garden area soon.

I have a new blueberry bush that HAD 7 blueberries on it.
The case of the missing blueberries.
Next on Nancy Drew.