Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Veggie Wednesday: How to Cook Everything Vegetarian


Have you seen Mark Bittman's newest tome? This thing, like all his previous works, is huge. How to Cook Everything Vegetarian is 996 pages of every little thing you would ever possibly need to know about vegetarian cooking - and then some.

In his usual casual and non-preachy style, Mark Bittman shares the basic, the not-so-basic and everything else in this fabulous all-you'll-ever-need-to-cook-vegetarian resource. It's not wordy, fluffy or filled up with extras; just straightforward and honest.

There aren't any full-color photos, but rather simple and effective line drawings placed throughout the book to help demonstrate techniques. I know it's hard to believe such a large book could in any way be simple, but it is. It's not more than you need to know, and certainly not less. Oh, and the recipes? Delicious; as expected.

In summation, just two words: Get it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just checked our local library, and they have a copy. I'll check it out. So often I do that, and then have to buy the book.

Thanks,

Cas

Marion said...

I've got his first book and love it. I've read good reviews about this one and am looking forward to getting it, as well.

Anonymous said...

I love veggies...especially garden salads and buttered vegetables..

KFarmer said...

Hey Darlin~ Just stopped by to say "HEY!" and to tell you that we finally have the Wish Bone Dressing in stock here and I'm going to try it out on my new in-laws this week-end : )

Yeah, the daughter ran off and got married on me. I'm happy. It's one step closer to getting a grandchild and he is a sweetie. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful cookbook! Thanks for mentioning it!