Friday, June 20, 2008

Brain Food, Anyone?

While I normally do reviews for food products and the like, I was given the chance to try out several software titles geared toward building and maintaining intelligence. I'll be 40 in August, and while that itself isn't normally a concern as far as memory loss is concerned, I take care of 8 other people daily, and that coupled with age can wreak havoc on your mind.

So, I decided I'd accept these games and give them a whirl. I really like these. I've sat here for several hours since I received them and played games, taken tests and learned.

I took IQ and Career Aptitude tests and what I really like about them is you don't just get a 'right' or 'wrong' answer; you're actually told what the correct answer is and why. For an inquisitive type like me, that's a huge bonus. It also is fundamental to learning.

Beyond Core Mind Builder and Core Mind Builder Pro, I also was able to test a copy of corefx Three Level; FUN! The kids are having a blast with this one. It takes basic computer drawing to a whole new level with more stamps, drawing mediums and extras than I've seen on any software of this kind.

Check out the website for more info and demos.

Do I feel smarter? Yeah, a little. I mean, I've only been looking at this for a few weeks, but my guess is that if you have time to set aside a few times a week for a month or so, you'll definitely be building some serious brain power!

2 comments:

Ranjeet Kr. Vimal said...

yummy yummy

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)