Friday, June 27, 2008

Product Review: Frito Lay's new Pinch of Salt Snacks


Frito-Lay recently unveiled a new line of snacks called Pinch of Salt.

The new Pinch of Salt line checks in at 30 to 50 percent less sodium than the original snacks at 75 mg per one-ounce serving. They come in four types: Lay’s Classic Potato Chips, Ruffles Potato Chips, Tostitos Tortilla Chips and Fritos Corn Chips.

We tried the Ruffles Potato Chips and we really liked them. I have one kid who couldn't keep her hands off of them and I thought they tasted far more potato-ey (I know that's not a word) with less salt - that's a good thing! We didn't miss the salt at all and I'm looking forward to trying the other flavors, as well.

3 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

Mmmmm! These look like a good choice for my family. THey love potato chips. (not my fave)

giz said...

I'm enamoured with the reduction in sodium. I guess when they're called potato chips, that's the general idea.

Big apologies for not posting my book sooner - it's on for next week's docket - As psychgrad says, I'm a dork :)

Anonymous said...

I hate chips. I really hate eating them