Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hall of Shame

What happens to the food I make that doesn't turn out well? Let's get real, shall we? Not everything is exactly edible and picture perfect (OK, my photos are on the not-so-good side even if the food is good, I admit), and it feels like a confession sort of day so, here we are.

These first two don't look too bad, right? Well, I was taking a cinnamon bread recipe and adapting it to fit in a peanut butter and chocolate chip streusel (which was really yummy), one in the center, and one on top. Well, that bread was SO DRY... *gag*... need I say any more? It obviously didn't get posted although someday I will share the streusel recipe.







Next up is what happens to a perfectly beautiful corned beef roast when you lose track of time.




These Veggie Fajitas were GOOD. These were more than good, really, but when I said I wanted to take a picture, I figured the kids would take me seriously and NOT start eating them first!




Another dish that was awesome, BBQ Chicken on Corn Fritters, the photo...well, it speaks for itself now, doesn't it?




Yummy! Layered Salad...where exactly are the layers? Photo quality is way poor, too.




This was very tasty...just not very good to photograph. I'm not saying what it looks like.




This is just for fun...it's actually a really GOOD photo and reminds me of Mr. Bill...oh no! I was doing it for the kids, if you watched Shark Tales, you'll get what it is (I'm not a loser, I'm a wiener!).


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol anne!! thanks for posting this :) now I don't feel so bad about my icky-looking meals!! If it taste yummy, it doesn't matter!

confessing7girl said...

oh my i love the looks of that layered salad thats hard work!!! i wanna taste :P

Moderator said...

Dry bread? That's why God made bread pudding. A little cream, eggs, cinnamon, etc. and dry no more!

Mirage Chopper said...

This all looks so yummy! I eat anything; I'm like Mikey HAHAHA

Janet said...

Those are some funny pics. I especially love the Mr. Weiner, I wonder if I paint mustard faces on veggies, if my kids would eat them....

Melanie said...

Once when I made corned beef it turned out looking like the pic of yours!

The Cookbook Junkie said...

How funny. I hate when I can't get a good picture of something.

kbabe1968 said...

So....was his name OSCAR????

:)

Anne Coleman said...

Ahahahaha...omg too funny, K. *snicker*

SteamyKitchen said...

OMG That was hilarious!!! now I wish I'd kept pics of all my "oops"

Anne Coleman said...

Well, this isn't the first time that everyone is getting a giggle at my expense, and I know it won't be the last! ;o)

Adopted Son said...

Can I say what I think that bowl of S*** looks like? I have a few other four-letter euphimisms that might work... You also gave me a great idea for "Wiener Tales," a new Christian-themed cartoon series... er, maybe not.