Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Veggie Wednesday

Zucchini Frittata

6 large eggs
6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
1/2 t fresh oregano, minced
1/2 c cottage or ricotta cheese
5 Ta grated Parmesan cheese
2 T olive oil
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Beat eggs with salt, pepper, basil & oregano. Stir in
cottage cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese.
Saute the zucchini in the olive oil until lightly browned.
Pour in egg mixture, top with tomato slices and sprinkle with
remaining Parmesan.
Cook over medium heat until eggs are set in bottom of pan, about 10 minutes.
Place under broiler until lightly browned. Serve in wedges.


***********************************
NOTE: If you have been so kind as to visit my Disney blog at Family.com, (in my sidebar--Cookies to Caviar)--give a thought to registering and leaving a comment or two, would you? (Pretty please!) Registering takes just a few seconds and once you're done, you're good to go and can share your view and rate articles and sites. It's worth the look!

And now...back to our show. Thank you :O)

8 comments:

kbabe1968 said...

Mmmmmm...If I could just get your stinkin' brother to love zukes as much as I do. Sigh. OH WELL...I'm sure he says the same about me an brussel sprouts. :D

Anonymous said...

oooh... I'm going to try this!!

Deborah Dowd said...

Last week I made a similar frittata with mushrooms and spinach and it was a big hit. I ended up having to make another one and even my son the chef loved it! I'll have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just delurking a minute. I love reading your stuff about food; your ideas are great. Sometimes I actually try things, when life isn't too nuts.

Back to lurking.

Carolyn R.

mr coffee said...

frittatas (fritatti?) rule..
I still have issues with the disney site slow loading and being able to log on.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
this frittata sound so good, I'll have to try it some day. I have never made a frittata....

I have to say: it's a great blog you have here.......I LOVE to read foodblogs and yours af one of the better :-)

I'm a foodie from Denmark and I even have my own foodblog at: www.newyorkerbyheart.blogspot.com you are welcome to stop by if you feel like it. It's in Danish, but has LOTS of pictures :-)

I'll be back soon.

My best,
Birthe/Newyorkerbyheart

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious and easy too! I am going to make this for supper.
Erin from Iowa

Anne Coleman said...

Erin! You finally got in lol