Friday, May 11, 2007

What's Everyone Eating This Week?

I need to go food shopping, which means I need to make a list, which means I need to have a menu planned and...shocking, I know...I don't have one yet.

It's already disgustingly humid here and I'm not up for facing the heat of the kitchen. So, this week will be lots of
salads and sandwiches and our favorite lemonade and possibly something on the grill...like veggies. Of course, Sunday is Mother's Day and I wanted to do something special, even if I am cooking it myself.

So, what's everyone else eating? Hurry up and inspire me before I head off to the store!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the most delicious salad last week. Baby greens, and all the fresh veggies in the fridge, in individual bowls.
I topped each salad with pickled egg slices and leftover salmon (how did we ever have left over salmon?)

Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try that zucchini frittata. And all I need to buy is the tomato.

I may have posted the salad suggestion in the wrong place. But it was very good.

Deborah Dowd said...

Warm weather- less cooking indoors. On our menu: Sashimi, taco salad; hamburgers from the grill,ribs, deviled eggs, spinach salad...

Anne- you are a mom among moms... have a great Mother's Day!

KFarmer said...

I'm going there this morning and have no idea what to buy other than washing powders... It's just too hot to cook down here right now. I'm being hard headed about turning on the AC. Imagine that?

Hope you have a wonderful- happy Mother's Day :)

mr coffee said...

after being a mother trucker all week and contractor boy ALL day today (30 bags mulch 20 bags stones) I'm going to the brew works for a hummus platter and grilled chicken quesadilla..


opps thats not going to help you at the store..
sorry

Truth said...

BLAT Salad MMmmmmm... Basically:
1 lb. pkg. pasta (I use bow tie)
1 pkg thick cut bacon
4 ripe tomatoes, halved, sliced or chopped
3 cups sliced romaine lettuce
1/2-1 avocado
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 TBS cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

Directions:
Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper. Cook pasta. Cook bacon and crumble. Add bacon, tomato, avocado, and lettuce to pasta. Toss dressing mix with pasta. Serve immediately. (Sometimes I use more lettuce and 1/2 the pasta.)