Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's all about ME...me...me

This is from dear Nino the Mindboggler, a meme. When you're done reading my drivel, go there and read; he writes so much better than I--and everyone else, for that matter.

* Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write posts in their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.


1. Writing is not easy for me. Most days I can be found pulling out my copies of the AP Stylebook and Elements of Style for reference. I always use spell check, and I'm right about 99% of the time, and that 1% drives me insane.

2. My early forays in the kitchen turned out things like pizza made from a flour and water dough topped with sliced tomatoes and American cheese. Foul is the only word I can think of to describe that one.

3. I cooked about every food imaginable to man when I was in Culinary school, but many things I haven't cooked since then much less laid eyes on.

4. My kids do not define me. Just because I have 7 doesn't mean that all I am is a breeder; I am darn good at that, though ;-)

5. I love plants. I love plants in any form and color. I am watching 2 boys for about a month and their dad is working for a landscaper. When he has leftovers, he leaves them on my porch. I'm like a kid on Christmas whenever I walk out the door to find the greenery he leaves behind!

6. I've never been out of the US, except to Canada. We've driven though to Michigan with dad.

7. My best friend when I was 14 is still my best friend today. She lives in Maine now, but we still get together whenever she's in town and act like 14 year olds.

8. I used to sing. Music seems to run through my family's blood in one way or another. Now I sing when I'm cooking or for the kids at night...but that's it.


My tagging victims are as follows:
KFarmer

Ian

Krista

Bobby

Jenni

Steve

Confessing7girl

Jenn

5 comments:

confessing7girl said...

just got ur tag done!! thanx!!
and its ok to behave like a 14 year old!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne,

Posted my meme earlier today:

http://www.cymru66.com/blogging/yet-another-tag-or-is-that-a-blag/

Not sure if I left a comment or not earlier. Just delete this one if I did!

Losing my mind...

--Steve

Puck said...

You are too yum yum yum yum yum yum yum - and not just because you give me far too much credit...

Thanks for answering the call, even if I'm intimidated by you mad kitchen skillz :-D

KFarmer said...

Hey sweet- I just found this and will work on it this week- :)

mr coffee said...

flowers are pretty..but tomatoes are forever..