Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Veggie Wednesday: The Forbidden Fruit

Apple season is one of my favorites and this is one of my favorite recipes to go with it, Nana's Apple Cake.

A bowl filled with the promise of good things to come.


Sliced apples in a 9x13 baking pan.


Butter cubed to help it soften quicker.

Sugar added.

Sugar and butter creamed together and eggs added to the mix.


Flour and baking powder tossed in.
A soft dough. Take note of the old silver fork - that's a must for mixing! Well, maybe not a must, but it works for me.

Sugar with freshly ground nutmeg (the only way I use it) and cinnamon.


Apples sprinkled with the cinnamon-nutmeg sugar.

Spoons of dough tops the apples.


Play 'connect-the-dots' and spread them over the apples. Even if it doesn't look like it will cover them all, or there are holes, don't you worry - it will bake together and be perfect. Top with more cinnamon-nutmeg sugar and...


Surprise! The final result and full recipe are at Spoonful.com.

3 comments:

toontz said...

That looks scrumptious, Anne. I have a bag of apples staring me down, so maybe I will give this a try this weekend!

Arc4life said...

Wow, thank you for the step by step. Looks delicous. Thank you for sharing Anne.

Anonymous said...

Want something baked with apples soooo bad, now! The step by step is great here...