Monday, September 08, 2008

WIN a Subscription to La Cucina Italiana Magazine


If you haven't come across La Cucina Italiana magazine, you're definitely missing something. This is a magazine devoted entirely to Italian cuisine and they dish it up with beautiful photographs, delicious recipes and articles you want to sit in a comfy chair to read.

The photos are gorgeous and appetite inspiring. You'll want to jump into the pages and eat your way out. The recipes, like saltimbocca di lonza con pancetta (pork loin saltimbocca with pancetta), guazzetto di vongole e gamberi (clam and shrimp stew) and “dolce soffice” (cherry cake) will have you dashing to the kitchen.

La Cucina Italiana bills itself as Italy's premier food and cooking magazine since 1929. I'd say they know their stuff. Even so, this is not only for gourmets and experienced cooks. La Cucina Italiana is for everyday people who want to cook the finest Italian food there is.

You can subscribe now HERE and get a free apron with your order, or you can enter my contest and win a FREE one-year subscription.

The rules for this are that you leave a comment with your very favorite Italian recipe attached. It can be a sauce, a pasta, a dessert - you name it - anything goes as long as it's Italian!

One winner will be chosen and I will announce the winner on September 30th. Have your comment, with recipe, in by 11:59 PM on September 28th to be in the running. Open to U.S. Residents Only!

6 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I'm not much one for cooking elaborate Italian foods, but DANG the picture on that magazine cover looks gooooooood! *drooling like Homer Simpson*

KFarmer said...

I don't have an original recipe :(

And I can't seem to copy the award you so sweetly gave me and work on that~ I'm really sorry :(

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll take a crack at this :) Here is a polenta recipe I made recently..

Polenta Gorgonzola
Ingredients
-Olive oil for shallow frying
-small bunch of sage leaves
-1 cup of polenta
-2 cups of hot water
-2 cups of milk
-180g Gorgonzola

Directions

Heat the oil in a pan and when hot, add the sage leaves and fry in batches until crisp. Dry on absorbent paper towel.
Place the water & milk in a large saucepan over a medium heat and bring to boil.
Pour in the polenta slowly in a thin stream, whisking so its doesn't form lumps. Reduce the heat to low.
Stir for approx 5 - 20 mins (depending on the type of polenta … see packets instructions for details) or until the polenta starts to leave the side of the pan.
Stir in one third of crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
Spoon the Polenta into bowls and top with the left over Gorgonzola & sage leaves.

giz said...

Every time I go into my local Italian market, this magazine calls my name - and not softly either. It's a beautiful magazine, well put together and entirely inspiring.

Babylove said...

Oooh, Pick me, pick me! Here's a link to my favorite Italian Pasta:

http://bread-alone.blogspot.com/2008/06/spaghettini-con-salsa-di-pomodori-cruda.html

Focaccia runs a close second. I could sooo use this cook book. I do like your blog. Visit mine if you get a chance?

--- Busy homeschooling mom of 6 kids in Japan

Babylove said...

Awww I just saw the fine print about (US residents) :( I am sad!