Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bertolli Premium Pasta Sauces


I have a favorite jarred pasta sauce and I have a favorite homemade version, as well. I usually don't stray from those two and I'm a very hard sell on any other sauce.

I tried the new Bertolli Premium Pasta Sauce pouches and I have to say that I would buy them again. That's huge for me; I'm very loyal - especially when it comes to particular foods.

I picked up all three flavors: Champignon and Portobello Mushroom, Summer Crushed Tomato & Basil, and Sun Ripened Tomato & Olive. Of the three, which I thought were all very good, my favorite is the Sun Ripened Tomato and Olive. I just whipped up a batch of Pasta with Tuna Sauce for a post at Short Order Mom, and that particular sauce was perfect for it.

I admit I balked at the idea of microwaving the pouch, which is one of the selling points for this item, but I did it and was truly surprised that it took so little time to heat completely through (90 seconds!), and the best part was that there was NO DISH TO WASH. Read that again, moms and bachelors; NO DISH.

Check these sauces out for yourself at the Bertolli website, where you can pick up a $1 coupon for these sauces, or take a pouch or two home from your local supermarket - you won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

Blah Society said...

"Bertolliiiiiii!!!!!"

Anne Coleman said...

One day, when we actually meet, I'm gonna make you do that!

Blah Society said...

I guess there are worse things you could make me do... this isn't that bad ;-)

KFarmer said...

I've wanted to try them, B is my favorite jar sauce. Thanks for your thoughts. I will pick a few up :)