Saturday, September 06, 2008

What's Your Weekend Menu?

I was thinking today about how different my weekend cooking has become now that the kids are back in school. During the summer, we don't have real set times for breakfast or lunch. Everyone wakes when they feel like it and eats when they feel like it. Dinner is always the same time each night since I'm a stickler about that, but the rest is very unstructured.

Now that the kids are back in school and breakfast is a set time each weekday and lunch is set for them at school, my only real chore is dinnertime. That is, until the weekends hit. The kids are back into their eating groove and lunch is no longer something they eat 'whenever'. They've once again become accustomed to eating right around 12 and mom needs to get on it then, or else!

What about your home? Is weekend eating different for you? More laid back? More structured? Tell me about it!

3 comments:

kat said...

We tend to eat out a lot more on the weekends especially lunch & breakfast because we are out & about doing things. Dinner is usually thought up the day of instead of planned earlier in the week.

Anonymous said...

Weekend eating at our house is more casual. Don and I usually discuss what we'd like to have, and both of go at it. If it's nice out (at least not raining) we usually have fish or meat on the grill. Don likes to be a grill chef. Then I fill in with the "stuff" to go with it to make the meal. It's usually pretty late in the evening, but with just the two of us, why would it matter.

Good question.

KFarmer said...

I usually make "brunch" for Dave and I around 10:30-11:00. We work the rest of the day then I fire up the grill around 4-5. We eat when we get around to it :)

Oh, btw, I made your Pasta E'Fagoili the other day and oh so sweet the smells in the house!