Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Veggie Wednesday

Anne's Ratatouille

I feel like I'm cheating since I have blogged this before, but it's such a wonderful and warm dish that it would be perfect on a day like today (read: now sleeting on top of several inches of snow). Even if the weather is fine where you're at, this is perfect~I think ratatouille works no matter what the weather is.

Anne's Ratatouille

1 medium onion, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 T olive oil
1 small eggplant cubed
1 medium zucchini cubed
1 medium green pepper seeded and diced
1 can (15 oz.) tomatoes, chopped and undrained
10 mushrooms (white button) sliced
1 t each basil and oregano
1 t salt
1 T parsley chopped
1/3 c parmesan

In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
Add remaining ingredients except cheese and stir well. Cook on low, stirring once in awhile, about 25 minutes until tender and liquid has evaporated.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve warm or cold.

4 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

I love ratatouille but often make it thick since I lose the point of keeping it a low carb dish and serving it over rice or pasta. :) It is certainly the perfect food for a February night...

Anonymous said...

I have everything but the eggplant. And it's snowing too hard to go and fetch one. Your recipe sounds delicious.

Thanks,

Cas
And I'd like to wish you and your family a Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne! I thought I was reading about me, but it was the wrong name, and I'm one girl short...
I'll be back again!
I've just started compiling a few recipes from my part of the world on a site that my blog links to, if you're interested. I've got hundreds of recipes in my head, and they'll find their way out there eventually... Time.. time..

Unknown said...

Yum! This spunds so good. I'm going to try it soon.