Friday, February 23, 2007

Almost Meatless Dinner

Dinner last night for us could very well be dinner tonight for anyone who observes Lent and meatless Fridays. Let me say beforehand, it was good.

Fettuccine Alfredo
Layered Salad
Steamed Broccoli
Garlic and Herb French Bread
Assorted Olives
Cheesecake


I'm not posting exact recipes here since most of it is so easy to do. I make my Alfredo in the minimalist way; fettuccine tossed with whole butter and grated Parmesan. The fettuccine was already garlic flavored, so I left that out this time.

The layered salad was packed out with veggies; Romaine lettuce, shredded carrot, broccoli florets, red and yellow peppers, celery, halved grape tomatoes, shredded cheddar and turkey bacon topped with Ranch dressing.

The steamed broccoli stands alone quite well as do the assorted olives. The bread was my own laced with garlic and basil and the cheesecake was a standard quick version in a graham crust.

Leave out the bacon and you're set for a meatless meal!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

This sounds like a great meal - like the way you do fettuccine. I am going to try it!

Anonymous said...

I would just love to try it out!!Just having too much meat these days!!Jessica

Melanie said...

Sounds delicious ... except for the olives which would only go over well with one member of our family. ;)