Friday, February 09, 2007

More Recipes

As promised, here are two recipes from that group of moms that I talked about in my last post. I think they did a fab job!

From Mirz mom to 8 at Lots of Kids

I'd do Hot Dog Hash. I would chop up the hot dogs. I would seed and dice the pickles finely. I'd add BBQ sauce and cook. Assuming it's a staple, I would add some honey to it to mellow out the pickle's tanginess. Again, assuming I had some sort of potato around, I'd used diced potatoes (either fresh, canned, or frozen). Heat and cook until browned, either mix in hot dog mixture or serve over the top.

If I didn't have potatoes on hand, I would serve it over mac&cheese or flavored rice.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melanie at Dandelions and Roses

Spicy Dogs and Rice

1 pkg hot dogs, cut into bite-size pieces
1 3/4 c water
2/3 c BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
2 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp pepper
2 c uncooked instant rice
1 c (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 c chopped dill pickles
3 Tbsp bacon bits (the soft kind or the hard kind)

In a skilled over medium heat, mix hot dogs, water, BBQ sauce, mustard, onion, and pepper.

Bring to boil; stir in rice. Sprinkle w/ cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 min.

Sprinkle w/ pickles and bacon. Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds good. I will try it on one of my dinners. ANyway, happy weekend to you!