Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ready, Set, Cook! #29


I thought I would post the rules of play in full today for those who haven't yet played.

Every Tuesday (almost!) we play Ready, Set, Cook! based on the TV show that once aired on The Food Network.

We play our own non-competitive version (at the moment!) and here are the basic rules:

1) Three ingredients are given and each player must come up with a recipe that uses all three ingredients without "losing" any of them in the dish(es). In other words, while they must not be prominent they must be noticeable.

2) Your "virtual" pantry is fully stocked with whatever you wish. This is not a REAL game, although I have some players that like to purchase the ingredients and actually come up with a recipe, I don't expect anyone to do that. Basically this is a "virtual" game only. The ingredients will not have amounts listed to allow for greater creativity on the player's part.

3) Once you have decided what you would create with the ingredients please put ONLY the idea or name of your recipe in the comments section and email the ACTUAL recipe or detailed instructions to me, with Ready, Set, Cook in the subject line to:

irishones7 (at) juno (dot) com.

PLEASE don't put the recipe in the comments section! Everyone can read it there and then there is no reason for me to post it, but PLEASE DO put the name of your recipe there so others know that the game is on. All recipes and usernames or blog addresses are posted on Thursday.

On to ingredients!

Today's 3 are:

3-4 lb whole chicken
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 16 oz. bag frozen corn

Get to thinking and have fun!

6 comments:

KFarmer said...

I will try and get to the grocery sometime to day and play :)

Ian said...

OK, I'm in!

My recipe is: Chicken with Spicy Corn Stuffing Two Ways. :-{>

Anne Coleman said...

I'd do BBQ Chicken and Corn Fritters... I think!

kbabe1968 said...

Hmmmmmmmm.....hmmmmmmm.....:) Okay....gotta go mexicana....Chicken Enchillada Stew....

Bossy said...

i dont know...but i will be back to get some recipes thats for sure;)

CraftyCarole said...

admittedly I haven't visited in a bit, but I love the new look and no I won't be submitting a recipe with chicken although some thoughts are running through the old head!