Friday, July 25, 2008

4Real is Real Good!



If you're a parent chances are you've done it; gotten busy and caved in to buy a kiddie meal from the refrigerator or freezer section of your local market. If you've ever read the ingredients panel on those things, you know that there are more preservatives and junk in them than anyone should consume let alone a child.

What if you had a better choice? What if there was a line of kid meals that were actually good for your child? What if you could actually read the entire ingredients panel and know what each ingredient was? Oh, I know, the kids wouldn't like it then, right? Wrong. Now there is 4Real Foods - a brand new line of kids' meals with no artificial colors or flavors, no preservatives and less fat and sodium than other kids' meals.

And you know what? They are really GOOD. We had the Cheese Pizza and Cheesy Pizza Quesadillas. My kids were crazy for these, and they're a tough bunch to please. I tried them myself and was very surprised. They didn't taste like chemicals, they weren't too salty, they were just delicious and so easy to prepare that I can't see not buying them - even when I'm not pressed for time!

4Real Foods is headed up by former Weight Watchers manager Steve Marlowe, real honest-to-goodness nutritionists and a world-renowned chef. If mom isn't making it, who better to feed our kids than this panel of experts?

Check out the website for more info and where to buy. If you're as skeptical as I was about these then you must give them a try.

5 comments:

Anne Coleman said...

Ben, do it! As an adult, you'll have to eat the whole box (2 servings per), but they are really good!

Fabulous Find said...

I have also tasted 4Real and LOVED it as much as my kids. As huge WW fan, I'm always looking for good point value foods. I stumble across 4Real Foods after buying them for my kids. Of course I nibbled a little before serving and thought they were fabulous. Checked the point value and thought this food works for my entire household.

Ava said...

So glad others are discovering 4Real too. My girlfriend served the Mac & Cheese to my kids last week and they liked it better than my home made version. I checked the website, the ingredients are natural. It takes a lot less effort and time in the kitchen...and clean up is a breeze leaving more quality time with my kids before the bedtime chaos.

Beth said...

I hadn't heard of this brand before. i'm so glad I came by!

Anonymous said...

beth even i had no clue.