Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Royal Foodie Joust: My UN-submission

My last post was the recipe I submitted for this month's Royal Foodie Joust using the ingredients cardamom, brown sugar and mango. I had so many ideas running around in my head that I couldn't stop with that one entry. I can't enter twice, but there's nothing stopping me from posting my other ideas here.



These are Mango Egg Rolls with Cardamom Devonshire Cream, my Oriental/Hispanic/European idea; talk about fusion!

I had egg roll wrappers leftover from the Chicken Cannelonni I posted at Cookies to Caviar and when the ingredients for RFJ came up, I knew I had to use them somehow. There's no recipe here, just strips of mango sprinkled with brown sugar and rolled up in egg roll wrappers. I fried them like usual and made Mock Devonshire Cream with a half teaspoon of ground cardamom stirred into the powdered sugar.

Oh, and the kids? They devoured them and clamored for more!

4 comments:

giz said...

What a creative idea - I just love it - so simple and who says egg roll wrappers have to be traditional egg rolls. I made mango bread recently and would certainly try this one - lovely

Ruth Strong said...

I really love the sound of this! My stomach just rumbled thinking about it!

kat said...

Oh how yummy do these look! Funny I'm now on a Cardamom kick because of the Joust & made cupcakes with it yesterday

Thistlemoon said...

Ohhhh Yeahhhhhh