Sunday, April 27, 2008

April Daring Bakers' Challenge: Cheesecake Pops

This month's Daring Bakers' Challenge, hosted by Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms and Deborah of Taste and Tell, was these loverly little Cheesecake Pops from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey by Jill O’Connor.



The cheesecake itself was absolutely delicious, but the pops were difficult for me to make. I just couldn't keep the cake from sticking to the melon baller no matter what I tried. So, I went with the few that I was able to scoop and dipped and decorated. I think they're cute and I really liked the smaller one. The larger ones were too hard to handle and the little guys were the perfect "bite size". Check out either of the blogs above for the recipe!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow sprinkles. Good job on the challenge!

Christine said...

Awesome job! Love the sprinkles and the yellow one!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Great job. They looks so cute all dressed up!

Jerry said...

Perfect bite size until you eat them all! Lovely job!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree they're very cute! Messy to shape, for sure, I ended up having to use wet hands to form any sort of ball, and even then a perfect sphere was just not possible...

Carrie said...

very cute. I know what you mean about the cheesecake sticking...but since I made them for work, I had to be even more stubborn than I normally am. I just sucked it up and used my hands in the end...messy, but fun!

Carrie
http://fieldsofcake.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I thought the ball-making process was sticky and messy too, and I just kept freezing my pops until they decided to behave. I guess I'm a cheesecake torturer.

Deborah said...

Your cheesecake pops look great! Wonderful job on this challenge!

L Vanel said...

They look delicious!

Dolores said...

Beautiful bite-sized cheesecake pops. Great job with April's challenge!

Chef Erik said...

I've seen a lot of these cheese cake pops, these are some of the nicest. I would love to make them for my mom's Bday. I bet she would love them. Looks like you had a lot of fun with your recipe, it shows in your end product. Congrats!

T’s Treats said...

Your pops look wonderful..great job!

Texana said...

My favorite one is the white chocolate with sprinkles. Good call on making them small enough for one bite. By the time mine were dipped, they are two or three biters and they fall off the stick.

Sheltie Girl said...

Lovely job on your pops!

Natalie @ gluten a go go