Saturday, April 26, 2008

Angel Hair Carbonara with Green Beans

I'm on a big pasta kick lately, obviously. I love how versatile it is. It takes minutes to toss pasta with some of my favorite ingredients, and that makes it very appealing to me, as well.

I had this for lunch two days in a row and I excused myself for it by using turkey bacon.



Angel Hair Carbonara with Green Beans
Printable Recipe

1/4 lb bacon - diced fine
2 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound angel hair pasta
1/2 pound fine green beans - cooked and kept warm
2 large whole eggs - beaten
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan


1. Dice bacon and cook in a skillet with olive oil until browned. Add garlic and cook for several minutes on low heat until fragrant.
2. Cook pasta until al dente - this takes 4-5 minutes with angel hair. Drain well and toss in skillet with bacon and garlic.
3. Mix egg and cheese together well. Remove pan from heat and add egg mixture while pasta is still very hot. Toss quickly so eggs do not scramble. Add green beans, toss until well combined and serve!

4 comments:

Blah Society said...

This is another dish I would LOVE to taste! Feel free to make it for me anytime!

Jenni said...

Holy crap that looks delicious.

Cheryl said...

That looks totally scrumptious! Even a boxed noodle mix would work.

Leah said...

This was soooo good!! I don’t usually like pasta but this was amazing