Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Dinner

This was actually a few weeks ago. Today I'm cheating and making easy chili and cornbread. I may take photos, but it's not really different than anyone else's recipe, I bet!

Herbed Roast Pork and Gravy
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Wilted Baby Spinach with Honey and Bacon
Apple Cobbler

Pork roast, thyme and rosemary.


Salt and pepper the roast first--rub it all over well.


Chop the herbs and cover the roast with those as well.


The roast seared on all sides and ready for the oven.


Roasting garlic--3 cloves in a small square of tin foil.


Wrap up and toss in a 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes until soft. Mash well before adding to potatoes.


The mashed potatoes with roasted garlic added--these are Yukon Gold.


Spinach with bacon and honey. This was really yummy--even if the photo is blurry.


Another blurry-but-yummy - the pork roast gravy.

I didn't get a photo of the finished roast or the cobbler, but they were sure good!

8 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Super blog! The meal looks scrumptious.

Good morning.

JJ :D

KFarmer said...

Looks yummy as usual and here it is not yet noon and I'm drooling over dinner :) Anne, you beat all.

Mike said...

Great blog. Can I come over for dinner some time? I come from a large family as well...nothing better than getting together over great food! Do you mind if I use one of your recipes for the "Recipe of the Month" on my blog in the future? www.michaelpraciti.com
I'll make sure to give you credit and link to your website. Keep up the nice work!

Anne Coleman said...

Hey Nut! Good morning to you, too!

K-I love ya sweets. I thought you needed a little extra weight so I blogged all that just for you ;o)

Mike, anytime! I'd be honored.

Whistle Britches said...

I'm going to send my wife to live with you for a few months til she gets the hang of this cooking thang.
you send her back when you think she is ready......

:0)

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the process. I love seeing stuff like that! Thanks for sharing ;-)

KFarmer said...

So it's you!! I can't fit into any of my jeans and its ALL YOUR FAULT~ LOL!! :)

I luvs you too darlin and hope you and the gang are well and happy :)

Deborah Dowd said...

By the time I got to the end my mouth was watering! I love roast pork, and your step by step pictures make it look delicious!