Monday, April 16, 2007

Mmmmore Biscotti


Blueberry Biscotti

I made this yesterday and this stuff is a HIT! Wow. I was intrigued by the recipe title, but thought...nah, too much work. Then I took a look at the ingredients and gave it a second chance. This biscotti is made from a blueberry muffin mix and is lightly crunchy and not as heavy as other biscotti I've made. This is perfect for someone on their first time out making biscotti.

Click on the title below for the original recipe at Nestle.


Blueberry-White Morsels Biscotti

1 pkg. (18.25 to 18.9 oz.) blueberry muffin mix with can of blueberries
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided

PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 2 baking sheets. Drain blueberries; set aside.

COMBINE muffin mix, flour, butter and eggs just until combined in large bowl. Fold in 1 1/2 cups morsels and drained blueberries with floured hands. Shape half of the dough into a 12-inch-long roll (dough may be sticky). Place on a prepared cookie sheet; flatten slightly until about 2 inches wide. Repeat with remaining dough.

BAKE for about 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheets on wire rack for 1 hour.

CUT each roll diagonally into 3/4-inch slices with serrated knife. Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 6 to 8 minutes more or until light brown (do not overbake). Transfer to wire racks and let cool.

PLACE remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds, knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10- second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle biscotti. Let stand until drizzle is set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 24 hours or freeze up to 3 months for longer storage.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love biscotti and it is perfect for coffee or tea. Love the look of your biscotti! Fab!

Deborah Dowd said...

These look wonderful for after dinner decaf , and I am certainly not above using a well-placed packaged mix if the result is good! Thanks for this recipe!

Melanie said...

That looks and sounds really yummy! I may have to try it!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!
I am eating my bread while looking at that picture. Suddenly my bread taste like blueberry :D

Cheryl said...

Wow, I can make biscotti with a mix? so much easier!

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Found your site through Cassie, I love the look of this easy recipe. It is on my *to do list* for this weekend.

Chef Jules said...

I must admit I looked at these and thought they might be a Biscotti version of s'mores. I thought the white drizzled was melted marshmallow. So now I have two variations on the more traditional biscotti to keep in mind for future bake-a-thons!