Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ready, Set, Cook #8!

If you have not played before please click on the link in the sidebar for Rules of Play.

Today's 3 ingredients are:

1 can (or 2 c) cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
1 lb pork tenderloin
1 bunch green onions


Have fun!


**********

**Note: Here is a link
Cooking Pork Tenderloin if you are lost about the pork. When I visit Indiana they have a very different idea of what pork tenderloin is (even though I LOVE their idea!) so this should help clear it up.
Here as well is helpful-bottome of the page.

6 comments:

KFarmer said...

Anne- is pork tenderloin the same as center cut pork chops? Yes, yes, showing my ignorance again but I have to know before I go shopping tonight... help.

Anne Coleman said...

Pork Tenderloin

I don't know who Angus Campbell is but there's a photo on that page of a raw tenderloin being cleaned.

Basically it's the same as beef (where you get filet mignon from) but far smaller since it comes from a hog.

This next link gives more info on what it is. Right now we seem to be having alot of buy one get one sales. They aren't cheap but they sure are worth it!

Cooking Pork Tenderloin

Anne Coleman said...

Ugh! That first link is not working~the second was better anyway :)

KFarmer said...

this is going to be fun...

dalene said...

Sorry to be a party pooper on this round, but I'm at a complete loss. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with, however!

KFarmer said...

I confess to be a party-pooper this time too- I went to the local store and the only tenderloin was $35.00- no way and they did not have the beans either :( I was just too tired to go to another store.

On a bright note, they are building a real grocery store in the town below mine and it is on my way home! It should be open in about a month.

Sorry again to let you down sweet-You know how much I enjoy playing.