Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ow!

I'm a bit gimpy today...I tripped over one of the baby gates on Monday and landed on my knee. I didn't get to have it looked at until yesterday and, sure enough, I sprained it.

They sent me off with a "knee immobilizer" that I think looks more like a body immobilizer; it's HUGE!

At any rate, sitting here is not very easy and I don't have room in the computer corner for anything to prop my leg on.

One of these days I'll have some uninterrupted blogging time--just wondering WHEN that will be.


*As soon as I can I'll get out yesterday's Ready Set Cook entries and if you missed it, look below for the post and send me your own entry, I'll extend the game until the end of the day.

5 comments:

KFarmer said...

I am so sorry sweet to hear that you are down and out. That is no fun.

On the up side, gather your cook books or whatever suits your fancy to read, and take it easy a couple of days. You deserve and need a rest.

I am also sorry to say I did not have time to go to the grocery last night and get the stuff to play RSC. I had to high-tail-it to the house and get something on the table asap before the hubby took a nap before work. I hate him working shift work again.

Hope you are feeling better soon dove - sending ((hugs)) and healing {{prayers}} your way-

Anne Coleman said...

Thanks K-you're a real perk, as usual!

I wish I COULD take it easy but with 2 little ones still at home during the day it's harder than when everyone is home.

Someday I'll put my feet up :)

KFarmer said...

A man's work is from sun to sun, a woman's work is NEVER DONE... Truer words never have been spoken.

Try to get some rest, please :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing Anne's knee a speedy recovery!

dalene said...

Take care--I'm sorry. I couldn't get past the part about the knee immobilizer without bad flashbacks of losing half a year of my life after an ACL tear (which you'll be proud to learn, I did while participating in a Dutch-Oven cook-off). Just remember RICE--and don't skimp on the rest and elevation. I know it's not easy with kids, but take care of yourself.