Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Recipes are in!

There were 3 players yesterday (thanks girls!)~and here are the dishes they submitted. Give them a look and go visit their blogs!

****************************
From: just_christina

Here is my recipe...this is off the top of my head...it sounds good to me..haha
It's called
BLACK EYED CHICKEN PASTA SALAD

In a large skillet put teaspoon of virgin olive oil. Sautee one garlic clove, and
some white onion. Place chicken breast in pan and flip after being browned on one
side.(oh on med high heat)
In a large sauce pan combine salt, tad olive oil and water. Boil, then place
linguine iin pot until tender.

Cut up chicken into bite size pieces and throw in large bowl. combine noodles,
garlic, onion,and your black olives. Toss togher and then sprinkle with parmesan
cheese and vingar and oil dressing.

Well sounds good to me anyway :)

******************************
From: Compulsive Writer

Garlic Chicken and Linguini with Mushroom and Olive Marinara

Cook chicken breasts in a skillet with 2 garlic cloves, 2-3 Tablespoons
olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

In another skillet saute 2 cloves garlic, a small bit of chopped onion.
Stir in 1 large can chopped tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce 1/4 cup finely
grated carrots, 1 tablespoon sugar and one cup sliced fresh mushrooms. Simmer
together with a generous amount of fresh basil, chopped and a dash of fresh
oregano, chopped. Slice 1 cup olives and stir in. Simmer together till heated
through.

While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions.

Serve mushroom and olive sauce over pasta and chicken, top with freshly
grated parmesan. Serve along with a fresh salad (with olives, tomatoes,
parmesan and garlic) and your favorite french bread.

(I'm assuming here that I have a refrigerator as well as a pantry--if
not, I could used canned mushrooms and dried herbs)

******************************
From: kfarmer

Chicken Dish

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breasts cut up in bite size pieces
Olive oil
2 cloves garlic
5 olives stuffed with jalapeƱos (I did not have black olives)
1 small jar pimentos
Chicken stock- (enough to cover chicken)
Sour cream
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley
Linguine
Kosher salt

For the linguini-

In big pot put in water, kosher salt, and olive oil. No I did not measure. When
boiling, put in the noodles. Boil correct amount of time, then remove noodles

Chicken:

Sautee 2 cloves of garlic in olive oil. Put in chopped olives and a small jar of
pimentos chopped up. Add chicken breasts and cook till done. Add chicken stock,
fresh grated black pepper and cover and let slowly simmer over low heat. When
chicken has cooked until it is tender, add sour cream to thicken. Pour over
noodles and grate some parmesan cheese over the top and then add chopped parsley.

Anne- I really made this last night and it turned out pretty good. I cant just
imagine a recipe, I have to make it. I even took pictures but my camera's
batteries died... And I cheated a little-I used green olives as I did not have
black (which I thought I did have!) The hubby who is usually negative about
everything said "Damn, this is good!" so I guess it passed inspection.

5 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

hmm, they all sound pretty good but mine..haha...

dalene said...

Christina--I hope you were just kidding--I thought your recipe sounded good. In fact, I have a recipe for spaghetti salad that is similar and it's yummy.

KFarmer said...

I agree w/cw, sounded good to me-in fact both of them did.

Jennifer said...

Anne, I just found your comment on Grandma's blog. Your grandmother was a beautful lady. I know you miss her. I think cooking is one of the ties that binds me to mine. She is a blessing to me! She will be 88 on February 7th, so I am grateful for every day that I get to keep her.
I love reading your blog, and I've blogrolled you. I have four girls, too, but just the one boy. We had the boy first, then four females. Always thought we'd have another one...but...eh...no :D

Anonymous said...

Do you have any good Super Bowl recipes, Anne? GO SEAHAWKS!