Thursday, January 19, 2006

Not the World's Fastest Fingers

I'm getting there with those family recipes but it is painstakingly slow. I'm not a quick typist and with distractions (read: children) it's taking longer than I wanted.

I will not leave you hanging! I love my readers (since I am also a reader) and so, here is my favorite meatloaf recipe from one of those books. My mother submitted my Grandma Foster's recipe. This is the only meatloaf mom ever made and it's just flat out GOOD. Give it a try!
**********

Mom Foster's Meatloaf
Printable Recipe


1 1/2 lb hamburger
3/4 c corn flakes, crushed
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. onion, chopped
Green pepper, chopped (optional)
Ketchup

Mix well and shape into a loaf (all but ketchup). Spread ketchup over top. Bake for about 2 hours in a slow oven (250 degrees F).

**********
This recipe brings up one of those age-old quandries, how do YOU spell ketchup/catsup?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I found your blog over at the BoB site! I love recipe blogs! I have one of my own...one of those old-timey, family ones. Here 'tis...http://mizannie.blogspot.com/
I would love a visit sometime! :)

Anne Coleman said...

I blogrolled Mizannie! Couldn't help myself ;o)

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I love meatloaf, and I'm going to make yours as soon as I get to the store to buy hamburger, and as soon as we use up all this leftover chili, and as soon as I get back from Indy where I'll be taking care of my post-surgical sister for the weekend, and as soon as Tim gets paid. . . . .

Hey. It's hectic around here lately. Plus we're broke.

I was going to say something really crude and tactless about you helping me off someone and running the body through a grinder thus making our own ground beef but I decided in the nick of time that it might be misinterpreted by someone who doesn't know I really wouldn't do that.

I'd think about it, but I'd never do it. But if I did, it's nice to know that you would help me.

Ah, civilization. How it inhibits us.

Ahem. I do love a good meatloaf.

Anne Coleman said...

Hahaha!! There's a thought. I do know someone...though really, that ground meat would just not do well in a meatloaf.

Yep-civilization is just no FUN sometimes lol