Friday, May 30, 2008

Product Review: Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce



The year I was born, 1968, there was good stuff going on in Bob Edson's kitchen. He had finally perfected his All Purpose Sauce and began selling it to neighbors and friends in 1977. Country Bob, Inc. was formed in 1982 and now sells more than just All Purpose Sauce, although that would be enough, trust me on that one!

I was given the chance to try out Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce and I was sold the minute I popped the top on the bottle. I have some hugely picky eaters here at home and the fact that they all love it tells a lot about this sauce.

We tried it on burgers, steak, chicken and even hot dogs. We loved it on each, but I wanted a broader idea of what this stuff could do, so I sought out the non-meat recipes to test it on.

Country Bob's Baked Beans is what I settled on, and we now have a new favorite recipe for baked beans. I can't even begin to describe the flavor of this sauce and what makes it different; that's a real shame for someone who writes about food! I guess you'll just have to get your own bottle and see for yourself.

Go to their website and search for a retailer near you, read about their CEO (that's my favorite part of the site), sift through the recipes, let the kids play on the coloring page, or order some Country Bob's for yourself!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooking With Anne :
We found the information you post really useful, and we decided to make a review about it in our website.
You can check it out at : http://www.mombu.com/cuisine/general-chat/t-mombu-recommends-cooking-with-anne-1672646.html#post6434467
Mombu's Rating: 9.6

Perri said...

Country Bob's is the favorite sauce around here hands down. I use it in stews and gravies, too.

Jolly Green Dad said...

The beans are awesome. I have had them and they are the best! Great recommendation.

PG said...

You've been awarded!

Whistle Britches said...

Ah yes....1968.
I remember it very well.
My little sister was born.
I was in the 3rd grade.

I do LOVE Country Bob's.

Suzy-Q said...

Mmmmmm my favorite steak sauce!

I'll have to try the baked bean recipe, although it will have to beat Nana's recipe!!

bcmomtoo said...

We're really liking this sauce, too.