Monday, May 19, 2008

Look, Ma - No Hands!


For any fervent cook there comes a time when cooking and phone calls don't mix. Now, I know some of you turn the ringer off or let the answering machine pick up, but what happens when you're waiting for an important call and still need to be cooking at the same time?

I know what I do when that phone rings - I rush to wash my hands and hope to get there before the machine does. Once I pick up the phone, there's one hand lost. I know, I know, what about the "shoulder hold"? Right. A stiff neck and the chance that the phone will drop into the vichyssoise is no way to handle calls.

Well, Plantronics has the perfect solution, the Calisto Pro Series phone. This is a completely hands-free wonder. Switch between landline, VoIP and Bluetooth mobile phone calls all with one product. Add up to 200 contacts - with 3 phone numbers each - from Outlook. How about a range of 300 feet from the base? That's farther than my garden out back. The sound quality doesn't suffer, either.

What about simple moments like sitting and nursing the baby? You'd figure there's at least one hand free for phone calls, right? Nope - not always! Having the freedom to sit down and relax while still being able to answer calls, hands-free, is priceless.

Check out this fabulous phone HERE and see if you're not convinced that this is the best thing going in hands-free phone technology.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

That's a pretty cool phone! When I first saw the picture I thought it was a meat thermometer!! I need to get out of the kitchen more. I enjoy your blog!

A + A Studio said...

Wow I am so glad I stumbled across your blog. I've been looking for a phone like this not only for when I cook but also for when I am in the studio creating. I have the first thing on my birthday suggestion list thanks to you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is a very cool phone. It looks very handy too..

Ruth Strong said...

Don't think I need to check out the link... you have me sold already!

KFarmer said...

I thought it was a blood pressure thingy :) I need a new phone as mine keeps on the fritz... very annoying. Thanks for the heads up :)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

YAY for this post!!! I've been using a speaker phone and thought something better should come along. CALISTRO PRO SERIES phone sounds PERFECT for my carpal tunnel.

Super blog!!!

JJ:D

Suzy-Q said...

The only bad thing about hands free is that people around you can't tell if you are on the phone or just having a conversation with yourself. I have a co worker who has hands free at her desk and I hate it when we can't tell if she is on the phone. We tease her and tell her we are going to put a lighted hat on her to indicate when she is on line. haha