Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cauliflower Casserole




I don't care that I stripped the nutrients from this lovely winter vegetable and ground them into the dirt ... really. This stuff is just too good for me to care. Besides, I'm sure there's something left there in the peppers. Or not.

Cauliflower Casserole
Printable Recipe


1 large head cauliflower
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Break cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Mix peppers, cheeses, sour cream and salt together well. Fold in drained cauliflower and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs until well blended. Turn into a greased 2 quart baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.

Try not to eat the whole thing youself, it should serve 4-6 people.

12 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

Sour cream & Cheese...what could be better?

How is your husband doing?

Anonymous said...

It sounds delicious. I'll be saving that recipe for the next time I go to the veggie store.

Thanks,

Cas

KFarmer said...

I make that and have used yellow squash too. OMG! I can eat the whole bowl :)

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks AMAZINGLY yummy!
-d

Deborah Dowd said...

Okay, I getting some cauliflower and making this with some roast chickens that are on my menu for tomorrow!

Lime & Tequila said...

Gosh, it's a gorgeous dish! One of these days when I can afford the cheese and sour cream. *sigh* Heavenly sounding dish.

Whistle Britches said...

I'm going to make this tonight.

Whistle Britches said...

Yea!! UJ is making this tonight!! It is in the oven as we speak....errr type. :o) Mmmmmmm

Suzy-Q said...

Oops that was me.

Anne Coleman said...

Hi Jo-how did it turn out?

Suzy-Q said...

Very tasty! I loved it. UJ made it and had a few changes. We used about half the sour cream and had to use cracker crumbs for bread crumbs. Otherwise very yummy!

earthlingorgeous said...

wow sounds yummy to me I love cauliflower... I gonna try that sometime... I always dream to be a good cook but for now my family has no choice hahahaha!

Nice blog :) I don't have a cooking link yet in my blog. Is it ok if I add you to my link list? thanks :)

Keep on blogging! :)