Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Veggie Wednesday






Vegetable Strudel

I made this last week and it was so delicious. I don't really have a recipe so I'll just try to lay it out for you.

I had one sheet of puff pastry left from my Salmon Napoleons and, since it was thawed, needed to be used. I chopped up tri-color peppers, a medium zucchini and a small onion into a small dice. I sauteed these in some olive oil. I added a bit of veggie broth and about a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb. I let it cook down until everything was soft and all the liquid was gone. I then cooled the whole thing and spooned it in a strip down the center of the puff pastry. I closed up the sides and baked in until it was golden brown.

I think mushrooms would be fabulous in this and I wish I'd had some!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so delicous. What a marvelous use of a bit of leftover puff pastry.

Cas
I'm going to make a (mainly) asparagus stir fry tonight, with quite a few left over mushrooms added. Can't wait.

KFarmer said...

Sounds de-lish- :)

foodiemama said...

looks and sounds amazing!

Jody said...

Yum! THat looks fantastic. Yes! Mushrooms would be wonderful too.....and maybe some feta cheese.