Saturday, March 10, 2007

Banana Pear Bread


I liked this more than I thought I would. I had bananas on hand and some canned pears that were going nowhere and wanted to see if they would play well together.

Banana Pear Bread

2 overripe bananas
4 canned pear halves, drained
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350.
Mash bananas and pears together and add sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla.
Mix well.
Add dry ingredients and blend well.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 1/2 hours until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds and looks good. I have everything but the pears.

Maybe I should try it.
Have a nice weekend.

Cas

mr coffee said...

when my bannas go spotty I frreze them.. I swear when frozen they taste sweeter .. makes them funky when thawed but easier to beat/mash/mix/puleverize

Anne Coleman said...

Hi Cassie! How's things, hon? Been missing you.

mr coffee--I do likewise, but have learned to peel those suckers FIRST! It's doable without, but far messier.

mr coffee said...

the boys like to squueze them like slugs .... they kind of squeel like in flushed away..