Thursday, March 08, 2007

R,S,C #30 Recipes

I guess that title should read "Recipe". This is what I came up with for those three seemingly incompatible ingredients:


I don't really have a recipe for this. I basically used my favorite meatball recipe spiked with a couple tablespoons of soy sauce (the brewed kind really does taste different) and tucked a chunk of pineapple inside each one. I added sliced black olives to a standard marinara and put everything on top of penne. It turned out well and 5 of us had it for dinner last night (some kids just couldn't get past the pineapple part) and even had seconds.

*On a side note~I'm looking into revamping the way R,S,C is done weekly since I have some other obligations that are taking up my time. Keep your eyes open for an update.

4 comments:

kbabe1968 said...

DAG! I blew it again!!!! I came on Tuesday and check out the ingredients! I'm sorry Anne!!!

:)

Anne Coleman said...

LOL no need for sorry! I just barely had time this week to figure something out.

Anonymous said...

I know all about the head spinning thing!

How is your baby?

KFarmer said...

What a wonderful idea putting a little pineapple chunk in your meat ball! I'm going to have to try it :)

Sorry that I've not been the best blogger buddy lately- There has been so much going on at the farm I cant seem to find the time to visit any of my favorite places-

PS- I've looked for the chocolate you've mentioned but can't seem to find it. I wonder if it's just not down here yet? It took us years to get Pringles :)