Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ready, Set, Cook! #23



Today's edition is going to be a bit different.

Last week's ingredients were based on this year's top flavor predictions.
Today's game will be based on the predictions made in the newest issue of Kraft Food & Family. The foods picked by their staff are; seasoned tomatoes, salmon, maple, pork and dark chocolate.

Now, your challenge for today is not to use all 5! I can't think of anything remotely edible that would have all 5 of those foods in one dish. I'd love to see someone else's take on these so, pick one or two of these top foods for 2007 and share your favorite recipe or concoct something brand new.

Have fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a choice! I'm going to have to think about this one for a while. :-{>

Anne Coleman said...

Me too....I have a recipe for each but I want to narrow it down or risk overkill :O)

Anonymous said...

OK, I've got it. Maple-Glazed Pork Roast with Raisins, Pine Nuts and Chocolate.

It's adapted from a recipe I found on BBC Food, but the chocolate was actually in the original version.

Anne Coleman said...

Brave guy! I'm looking at Salmon Bruschetta...I hope :)

Truth said...

Hmmm...if I get a few moments tonight, I hope to come back and play along. Sounds interesting!

KFarmer said...

I saw on Everyday Italian where she put shaved dark chocolate on her short ribs and pasta. I have been buried at work- getting the best of me you know before I leave- My mind is a total fog but I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with :)