Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ready, Set, Cook! #22



This is our first game of Ready, Set, Cook! for 2007.

Participation is not really huge, but we have a good time. I'm not sure if people are not playing because there is no prize, no winner chosen or if they feel too pressured to "make something good". Let me assure anyone reading this that this is ONLY FOR FUN! You do NOT have to submit a real recipe, you do NOT have to actually make something from the ingredients, you just have to do what was done on the show; come up with a reasonable recipe or idea with the ingredients you're given.

One of my regular players (Ian at The Gallumphing Gourmand) will often come up with a recipe and later test it and make changes and then blog about it.

Read
HERE for instructions and get your apron on!

In regard to food trend predictions for 2007, I found several reputable sources that say beef is still big and African cuisine is taking root outside it's own borders (among many other trends), so with that in mind I chose these three ingredients for today's game:


1 to 1 1/2 lbs beef (whatever cut you like-not ground)
2-3 sweet potatoes
cayenne pepper
(to taste~remember, some like it hot!)

Have FUN!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pssst...new baby pic over at my other blog ;o)

6 comments:

KFarmer said...

Luvs me some sweet taters! Good choices Anne, and cant wait to get the ole bean thinking today.

Anne Coleman said...

I'm in this week with:

Moroccan Spiced Beef Roast and Sweet Potatoes

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too!

Sweet 'n Spicy Shepherd's Pie
:-{>

Anonymous said...

Sweet Potato Hash baby!!!!!

I'm IN!!! :D

KFarmer said...

Spicy Beef & Sweet Tater Stir Fry :)

Anonymous said...

that looks like fun. i am so up for a challenge! next tuesday i will be joining in.
wonderful blog!!!!! i can't wait to read more!