Monday, May 08, 2006

Spinach and Feta Quiche

Before you break the bank making the recipe I posted for Spanakopita, try this. It's far easier and definitely not so hard on the pocketbook. I made two yesterday.



Spinach and Feta Quiche

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach
10 eggs
1 c sour cream
1 c milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 t dried basil
4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
2 deep dish 9inch pie crusts
3 T grated Parmesan

Drain spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; it should be fairly dry. Mix the eggs, sour cream and milk well with a whisk or hand blender until light. Add the salt, pepper, and basil. Stir in spinach and Feta cheese. Fill crusts and place the grated cheese on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out dry. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Wonderful at room temp!

2 comments:

KFarmer said...

Too late! I have already made it and it sure was good :) I am sure the other is just as yummy.

If you are game, I need a few ideas for an upcoming (end of June)bridal shower I am giving- any suggestions?

eyes_only4him said...

yum:)