Thursday, May 04, 2006

Morning Muffins

Yesterday morning I needed to come up with a breakfast that would feed everyone that wasn't cold cereal. I had a couple bananas in the freezer (yes, I put them there when they are overripe and if I won't be using them right away-they work FINE) and half a jar of hot fudge sundae topping that I had been eyeing for some time and trying to find a use for.

So, these yummy muffins were born. The fudge falls right to the center of the muffin as they bake and is a wonderfully warm and gooey surprise. The kids asked for thirds.

Sorry, another "Anne" photo :o)



Fudge Filled Banana Muffins
Makes 12 regular sized muffins

1 stick margarine
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3T milk
2 small overripe bananas

Mix together until well blended and add:

2 c flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

Blend well.

1/2 c hot fudge sundae topping-cold.

Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Drop a teaspoonful of fudge on the top of each muffin. Bake at 350 about 20-25 minutes or until muffins are puffy and slightly browned. Let cool slightly since the fudge center can be dangerously hot if you eat them too soon out of the oven.

3 comments:

cmhl said...

this could quite possibly be a stupid question, but here goes.

that highly intrigues me, about putting hte bananas in the freezer---
1. does it keep them at the "ripeness stage" that they are at?
2. peels on, or off???
3. do you wrap them in saran wrap or anything like that, or just put them in there?

Anne Coleman said...

OK girly,

1. Yes they stay at the same stage.
2. Ideally they should be peeled-I usually don't have time and chuck them in as-is. It's a little challenge to get the peels off if they aren't fully thawed, but it works.
3. If you peel them, bag them or wrap them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anne, for posting all those lovely recipes. I am delurking to say I copied at least a dozen...we'll see if I try them all!! I'll check back again, I like how you use common ingredients like stuff I actually have...