Friday, May 05, 2006

Chocolate Warning: Just Because I Care

Scharffen Berger Chocolate Makers
America's Finest Dark Chocolate



Who am I to contend with the almighty chocolate manufacturer?
They really may have the best chocolate going.

All I can do is my civic duty and pass on this little tidbit;

Don't try to eat the 82% Cacao Extra Dark and expect to live to tell about it.
Do yourself a favor and don't go over 65% cocoa maximum if you don't want to look like you accidentally swallowed a lemon...whole.

I bet they added sugar to that 82% bar. Really. I'm SURE they did. Otherwise they'd have to bill it as unsweetened baking chocolate, right?

Don't ever spend nearly $6 on a 3 oz. bar of chocolate. Okay? That'll teach me.
Guess who is going to have the most expensive chocolate cake for dessert after dinner sometime very soon?

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

I dont much care for choclate, unless its a cake...then I am on board;)

dalene said...

Congratulations!

Nerd Mom said...

I love me some Scharffen Berger. If you want to eat it straight though, buy it in the home baker bars. It's a bit cheaper that way.

Cheryl

Melanie said...

We received a bar of European 70% cacao chocolate once. Ugh! DH and I both like dark and/or semi-sweet, but that one was too much!