Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's Goin' On?

I may be MIA from my blog here, but I'm not lazing around off screen. I'm working on some posts for this blog and work and A Thousand Soups as well as being interviewed for a local paper.

With the economy in a bind, I've decided to start sharing how we eat here for about $150 a week. It's nothing fabulous, but worth sharing. After all, I began this blog with the idea that I would journal our family recipes so the kids would have something to look back on. Our normal every day food isn't all gourmet, just like any large family, and I'd like to share a little more of that.

I won't pass completely on fabulous culinary creations, but the general gist needs to be toned down a little in light of the fact that we aren't well-to-do.

So, if you want to stick around for some good old 'normal' food, please do so and know that I'll have posts up really soon.

8 comments:

Jess Kiley said...

Normal food is exactly what we eat around here! I originally came to your site curious to see how you feed all those hungry mouths, and how you manage your kitchen amidst the chaos. Congrats on your new gig, we'll support you every step of the way!

Anne Coleman said...

I think I keep stating that incorrectly! I was interviewed by a reporter about my blogs - not for a job! Although, that would be good, too :)

Midwest Mom said...

We're *so* into normal right now. Since the gluttony of rich holiday food is past, that has meant the return of winter vegetables for us. Today's challenge: a savory sweet potato recipe. If you've got one, Annie, shoot it on over. I can't wait to see what you're up to in your kitchen.

- Julia (Midwest Mom)

Reeni said...

I'm still here and I love 'normal' food!!

Melissa said...

Seems like a lot of folks are slowing down in the new year and getting back to "normal" food. Me included. It makes life easier (and cheaper!).

Congrats on the interview. I look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a beginner cook and my meals are often very simple. But I love it, and it always tastes great. Thanks for your recipes.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog a week or so ago. Was surprised to see you're in the Lehigh Valley. Small world - I am, too. (Parkland School District, to give you a more specific area.) Would you consider including your food/shopping resources in your upcoming posts? Thanks...love your blog!

Jess Kiley said...

Oh, I was thinking you'd be paid $150 a week to write about what you guys eat, as opposed to writing about more advanced methods of cooking. My mistake.