Monday, January 26, 2009

Book Review: Table Talk


Every so often a cookbook comes along that captures my attention, keeps me reading until the very last page and leaves me feeling as though the author were a close friend. Table Talk by Carol McManus, owner of Espresso Love on Martha's Vineyard, is one such cookbook.

Once I picked this book up I was not able to put it down until I read it from cover to cover. I holed myself up in a comfortable spot and devoured it in a single hour. I was up and making Presidential Muffins before the book was fully closed and thinking about our next meal together as a family. I was inspired to do exactly what this book intends to inspire: sit us all down at table and enjoy one another without feeling like I needed a rest after making dinner.

The recipes in this book range from special to everyday and each one is something even a novice cook can pull off. The best part is that each recipe is tried and true and designed to make a parent's life in the kitchen easier so that more time can be spent with their family. Being a mother to 5 children and a grandmother to boot, Carol McManus knows what she's talking about. She urges us all to slow down and spend some time at the dinner table with our respective families. I can personally attest to the fact that eating together bonds people like no other activity. Children do better in every aspect of their lives and we as parents are afforded the chance to do something we feel rewarded in accomplishing. It really takes far less effort than you think and Table Talk is a most wonderful tool to help us

Broken down into six delicious chapters and eighty glorious recipes, this is a book you will turn to again and again. You can buy your copy of Table Talk at TableTalkCookbook.com and Amazon.

4 comments:

Reeni said...

I love it just from looking at the cover!

Anonymous said...

I love this book also. My daughter has made 3 recipes from it so far and everyone has been a hit. My husband says the key lime pie was the best he's ever tasted. The tortellini soup is winner too and the Presidential muffins... yummmm. I've met Carol and I frequent her place, Espresso Love, everytime I'm on the Vineyard. My favorite thing to get there are the blueberry scones. I love them so much I bring them home to NJ and freeze them.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely book. Although we no longer eat at the table, we did for years and years when all my boys were young. It's a great time to just enjoy each other. Good food helps, too, right? ;) I'll have to check out this book.

Anonymous said...

nice job

http://moroccan-dishes.blogspot.com/