Friday, December 26, 2008

Chorizo Eggs



Here's a good in-between-holidays dish. It's not very heavy, uses few ingredients and doesn't contain turkey OR ham. Really, some of us just can't take any more leftover recipes. Chorizo can be purchased either cooked - where the consistency is close to pepperoni - or uncooked like any other sausage. I used uncooked for this one, but I really prefer the cooked sticks of chorizo. Go with what you like.

Chorizo Eggs
Serves 3-4
Printable Recipe

8 eggs - beaten
1/2 pound ground chorizo
1/4 cup sliced green onion (aka scallions or spring onions)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and brown chorizo. Drain if needed and add eggs, cheese and onion. Stir until eggs are cooked but not dry. Serve with warmed flour tortillas.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I make chorizo and eggs quite often for hub, who is Mexican. I don't know why I never thought to jazz them up with onions and cheese. You're right, this sounds like a great break from holiday food!

Kaitlin said...

That looks so good. I've never had chorizo..I think it's about time!

Reeni said...

I'm all holiday'd out!! Enough with the cookies! This looks really hearty and delicious.

Sara said...

This looks great, I love easy breakfast dishes. Hope you had a good holiday!

Anonymous said...

Very original. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

Sounds delicious. I could have this for lunch or dinner too.

Anonymous said...

looks so delicious ^-^!!yummie

~PakKaramu~ said...

Happy new year to you