Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Beat the Heat with the Keurig® K75 Platinum Brewing System and Brew Over Ice K-Cups

Keurig and Brew Over Ice - perfect partners!

I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but in eastern Pennsylvania we've had some positively sweltering weather lately. There were days when food was the last thing on my mind, but I couldn't get enough cool drinks into everyone here.

While I love iced coffees I don't like the work to get them "just right". I could make coffee, cool it down and add ice, but around here we like our iced coffees creamy and sweet and when it's too hot to think, I don't want to have to bother with all that mixing and measuring.

This is where the  Keurig® K75 Platinum Brewing System and Brew Over Ice K-Cups come in so very handy. First of all, the Keurig® is so easy to use. I honestly had no idea. There's nothing like having hot water at the ready and a cup of coffee within 45 seconds whenever I'd like. While I love conventional coffee, most days I'm so busy I either don't have time to make a pot or I don't have time to remember to pour and drink!

With the Keurig® there's no more missing my morning coffee. But it's not just for morning coffee! With the Brew Over Ice K-Cups there's a multitude of sweet and chilled drinks to make with your Keurig®. We tried out the Green Mountain Naturals Lemonade and The Original Donut Shop Sweet and Creamy Regular Iced Coffee and both were hits here. But, don't miss out on the many other varieties of Iced Drinks at Keurig.

I do need to caution you to pay attention to the recommended brew sizes so the flavor and temperature of the drinks is correct when done. Fill the cup with ice, hit the right brew size and in just about 45 seconds, you're good to go!

The smaller kids kept asking for hot chocolate and although there are K-Cups for that, I didn't have any on-hand and didn't want to leave them out, so my littlest noseminer ran to the pantry and brought out a packet of hot chocolate mix. I started to tell her I couldn't put that in the Keurig. I realized, though, the water in the Keurig is steaming hot and all I needed to do was run a cycle without a K-Cup, add the mix and voila! Now everyone is happy with it.

I can't find a downside to this other than the fact that the K-Cups are a little pricey for such a large family. Mostly I and my oldest daughter are the only ones using this on a regular basis so it doesn't get too bad cost-wise.

I would highly recommend this to just about anyone. If you get the chance to pick one up or can ask for one as a gift, please do so, you won't be disappointed!


No comments: