Monday, July 29, 2013

Frigidaire Professional Appliances: 5-in-1 Grill and Griddle


I have a thing for small kitchen appliances. Like many of you, though, I don't have space for all the "gadgets" I want. So, when I decide on an appliance, it has to meet some pretty high standards. I have a lot of people to cook for and my kitchen and all its wares can really take a beating. Between feeding so many and developing and testing recipes, my kitchen gets a real workout.

Frigidaire Professional Appliances really fill the bill. I've been given the chance to try the 5-in-1 Grill and Griddle and we put it to the real family test.

Here are the things I love about this:

  1. It performs more than one function. This is SO important in my kitchen. With room at a premium, I need appliances that do more than just one thing. Not only is this a grill, it's also a sandwich press! There are smooth plates and ridged plates for grilling and griddling and everything in-between.
  2. It's BIG. This is another must around here. The cooking surface on this is very large. So large, in fact, that I can make SIX grilled sandwiches at once! That's if I press them. If I simply want to grill and flip, I can make TWELVE! This means that this grill does something no single pan in my house can do: serve up grilled cheese for everyone at one time. 
  3. It's easy to use. No muss, no fuss, clearly labeled knobs and dials make it easy to use without having to guess. Heat the top griddle or the bottom griddle or make them both different temperatures if you need. This grill LAYS FLAT so I can open it fully and use one side with the ridges to grill chicken and the flat side for roasting peppers. It's just so versatile I don't think I'll be able to think of everything it might do.
  4. It's extra easy to clean. After cooking for so many people the last thing I want to to is CLEAN. The grill plates pop off easily and clean up fast. I haven't had anything stick to these and I love that part.
The absolute only thing I would change is the length of the cord. I had to rearrange a couple things in order to plug it in, but once that was settled I was good to go!

Here are photos of this fabulous appliance in use:

Grilling chicken and "roasting" jalapenos for a recipe. Not the two separate grill plates in use at once!


Sandwich being pressed.


Perfectly pressed sandwich.


Easy to use controls. Choose panini (which heats both plates simultaneously) or griddle (which heats plates independently).


Pancakes and sausage at the same time.

SIX at once!

Stay tuned for another appliance review very soon and a GIVEAWAY after that! Who wouldn't love to get their hands on a Frigidaire Professional Series appliance?

*Disclosure: The Frigidaire 5-in-1 Grill and Griddle was provided to me free of charge. All opinions expressed are wholly my own and not influenced in any way by free product.

No comments: