Saturday, June 13, 2009

Muffuletta

Muffuletta


Muffuletta
Muffuletta
My third post to this blog, back on July 6, 2005, was about this very sandwich. I didn't get into any detail about the origins of this particular food then, and I won't do that now, either, but I will repeat the recipe, with a brand new photo.

It's fun to look back on the last 4 years and all that's gone on, but one of the most fun aspects is seeing how my food photography has changed. These two photos are prime examples.

This is the photo I took today in natural outdoor light with an 8MP camera.


This photo was taken with a $20 1MP camera with an internal memory.

The funniest part about both of these cameras is the fact that they both needed to be held together with a rubber band - compliments of my great kids - so the batteries will stay inside. The top photo was taken with a Canon Rebel T1i, which was my go-to for Disney photos.

The recipe:

Muffuletta ala Anne
Serves 6
Printable Recipe

1 large round loaf of bread (traditionally Italian)
1/2 lb hard salami-sliced
1/2 lb sliced ham
1/2 lb smoked turkey
1/2 lb sliced cheese
1/2 c chopped black olives
1/2 c chopped spanish olives with pimiento
2 plum tomatoes sliced
1/2 c Italian dressing

Cut loaf in half horizontally. Remove inside of bread leaving a 1" ring at edge. Layer meat and cheese alternately, I usually make 2 layers. Top with sliced tomato, chopped olives, and drizzle with dressing. Replace top of bread and wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate for several hours and remove from plastic. Cut into 6 wedges.

Serves 6

2 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Ok, this one is for me, I am all over this sandwich, I love every bit of it.

Thank you
Anne

Amanda said...

LOL I laugh at my pictures from when I started my blog too! This sandwich looks great Anne!