Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kitchen Keepers

Everyone has products they use in their daily lives that they would not be without. For the most part, I'm not what I would call a "brand loyal" type; except for a few things.

Two of those things that I prefer over any other are Bounty paper towels and Dawn dish liquid.



While I try as hard as I can to keep my carbon footprint small through recycling (and many other actions), I don't see the value in using a cheaper paper towel - especially when I could use an entire roll for a couple spills. I admit to using rags for nearly all spills, but there are some that just need a throw-away.

I think Bounty Select-A-Size are the best choice for those. Not only can I choose which size towel I want, I am also able to rinse them out and use them again. There is no other paper towel I have used that has those properties. I wrote over a year ago about these at Short Order Mom, and my opinion hasn't changed one bit.



Dawn dish liquid is also something I've written about before, but even prior to being offered samples, it's the only dish liquid I've ever bought. Nothing works as well on greasy plastics and I haven't found another that smells as good, either.

Dawn's newest version, Dawn PLUS Hand Renewal, feels so good on my hands I actually find myself wanting to wash dishes! I have the Pomegranate and Splash scent and can't wait to give the other two a try. Now my only dilemma at the store is which Dawn dish liquid to buy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also a loyal follower of Bounty select-a-size.

My Mom does not use these, and when I need a paper towel at her house, I will tear a piece in half, and loudly demonstrate how that's all I needed.

I can't believe she has yet to see the "light." I think she's just being stubborn.

Anonymous said...

I've always used Dawn. Right now I'm stuck on the Direct Foam Dawn.

Denise said...

I need to check out that new Dawn...I haven't seen it before, but it sounds fabulous!!

KFarmer said...

With you on both accounts. Both are sitting on my counter tops :)

One time I ran out of dog shampoo, used Dawn and guess what? I was rewarded by every flea on my sweet Hazel floating to the top of the tub. So not only does it wash dishes THE BEST its a very effective dog shampoo :)

Deborah Dowd said...

I am addicted to Costco paper towels, but I am with you on Dawn,we use nothing else!