Monday, July 16, 2007

Pasties



While researching the for my , I came across Cornish Pasties several times. In my family, being from Michigan, we've always made Michigan Miner's Pasties, a direct descendant of the traditional pasty made in Cornwall, England.

My taste buds being so easily influenced by simply reading about food, I had to make a batch. Mine were the UP (Michigan-Upper Peninsula) version, but I really about the Cornwall kind (and Connie-who shares her recipe and step-by-step photos, is absolutely adorable). has an awesome site devoted entirely to the pasty! Good reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I wish I could buy Cornish Pasties in Virginia Beach. I might have to resort to making a batch :)

Marion said...

Pasties are so good! We used to eat them quite regularly, until diets changed. I miss them.

Anonymous said...

hi i am a big fan of harry potter and would love to buy its cookies

Anonymous said...

Anne,

I have not eaten Pasties since I moved away from Michigan almost 25 years ago. Thanks for bringing back a childhood memory. I will be checking out the links you mentioned and add pasties to my menu soon. Great post!

Tony Payne said...

There is a really good lens on Squidoo about Cornish pasties too (http://www.squidoo.com/cornish_pasties). They are so good, but nothing compares to the ones they actually make in Cornwall. There is something about the pastry as well as the filling.