Sunday, October 03, 2010

What Do We Really Eat?


I am questioned fairly often about what a larger family eats for dinner each day. Mostly what we're eating is what I've posted either here, at A Thousand Soups, at Disney's Family.com or even at Half Hour Meals.

This week, however, I'm going to share what we're eating each day. This will be the good, the bad and the ugly - I'm sure. There is no way to have a family this size without having a snag here and there and I'm planning on sharing what our schedule is and what other extenuating circumstances, if any, there are each day.

So, are you ready? This evening for dinner I've done the very bad: Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches. I went uber easy with prepared and frozen pancakes and sausage, deli American cheese and fresh eggs.

My preference would be to make the pancakes myself from homemade and sausage myself as well, but feeling as I have been, and having wiped myself out yesterday going to the kids' first parade of the year, I'm doing simple and not-so-good-for-you.

Line up!

I don't have a real recipe for these - but it's very simple, cook one egg and one sausage patty (or a strip of bacon if you prefer) for each sandwich and layer together with a slice of cheese between two small pancakes. Serve up with hashbrowns or potato pancakes and orange juice. Easy even for 9 people, just get an assembly line going and you'll be done in no time.

10 comments:

Spoon and Chopsticks said...

That's very neat. Pancake sandwiches never came to my mind. I might give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

I like these with waffles as well. Yes the frozen kind as I dont own a waffle maker. :P

Anne Coleman said...

Jenn - I had pancakes planned, but the store was OUT! *gasp* That was a rough moment ;)

Lo said...

What a great idea. I particularly love the idea of doing this with potato pancakes!

Emily Malloy said...

It was such a joy meeting you!

I told my husband about you and your large family. He's now obsessed with you :-)

(FYI. He wants 12 kids. Hehe. What can I say? I married an Irish Catholic.)

Anne Coleman said...

Emily! You're the dearest person I've met - so happy to see you HERE! As for 12 kids? GO FOR IT! ;)

Just Me said...

Wh a lovely blog you have. I plan on visiting often. I placed a link to your page on My Favorite Blogs site http://womanreaderwriterblogs.blogspot.com/
I also have a recipe blog at htt://www.recipesbydemand.blogspot.com/
Please visit, and have an awesome week.

Laura said...

I'm going to try that this weekend! My boyfriend will just love it! I'm not a huge sausage fan... so I might try some turkey bacon instead. I'd love if you took a look at my blog and followed me if you like it! http://thefoodistachronicles.blogspot.com/

Michelle Rittler said...

Um, okay... The next time I'm in the Valley, can you pleeeeeeeeease make these for me? I'll bring my own fork!

Radiator said...

wow. looks delicious! great idea