Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Adopt a Blogger: Round 4

I've adopted a food blogger! Kristin of Dine & Dish has successfully paired veteran bloggers with newer bloggers for the past 4 years and this year I jumped on board and offered to be an adoptive blogger. I figured with 4 years under my belt and being halfway through my 5th year that it was high time to give back.

I've been paired with a wonderfully precocious young blogger named Lauren. She has written Celiac Teen for nearly 2 years (and she's only 17!) about her disease and how she manages to eat well despite it.

She's got quite the following for someone so young, and she is SO good at what she does that I'm afraid I won't have much to offer her. In fact, I can easily see Lauren being the adopter for Round 5 of Adopt a Blogger.

Even if you're not gluten-free, you must see this blog ... for the recipes, the photos, the writing and the general yumminess of it all. Brazilian Cheese Bread or Gluten-Free Tiramisu, anyone?

But, wait - there's more! More? Yes, yes, there's more! She created an ebook specifically to provide help to Haiti titled, Help for Haiti. A compilation of 87 recipes from 71 bloggers, the book was made to raise funds for Haitians in the aftermath of the recent earthquake there. The Red Cross matched donations, as have Lauren's parents (up to $1,000) and the book costs whatever you'd like to donate. Please go check that link, and every link leading to Lauren's blog, she is one fantastically talented young woman and I am so proud to be her adoptive blogger.

6 comments:

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

That's awesome for you to do that. Great blog idea. I've been reading a lot of gluten-free blogs because I often suspect my husband of suffering from gluten intolerance. He refuses to be tested because he doesn't want to be confronted with the fact that he'll have to adjust his diet for the rest of his life! ;-)

Anne Coleman said...

I think that's every man! My own husband doesn't even want the kids to have problems because that would mean he would have to set an example. Men!

Sweet Cheeks said...

that is so great! I need to get someone to adopt me~!

Lauren said...

Darling, of course you have lots to offer! You're so kind, and I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring =D.

Joie de vivre said...

Congratulations on adopting your new blogger. :)

Lo said...

You know... I wish I'd have known about the Adopt a Blogger program when I was a young, hapless blogger :) Could have used some adoption!! Now I'm too old to qualify.

Am pretty sure you have plenty to offer. And you'll love it! And hey, we can all afford to learn a bit more about GF eating!! So, we'll learn from her too!