Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lindsay Olives - Perfect for Any Party


I love olives. Next to tomatoes they are my very favorite food and I could eat every variety known to man every minute of every day. That's serious love, folks. What I don't enjoy too much is opening cans. I like black olives as much as the next person (although Nicoise are my favorite) but wrestling cans open (you have to know my can opener to understand) just isn't fun.

Lindsay Olives have come up with a brilliant solution; re-closeable containers. While I admit that I could finish off an entire can of olives myself, not everyone has such fortitude and the need to store the little black gems is necessary.

Pitted ripe olives (medium or large size) and Italian Seasoned are the three products that come in handy little resealable bowls. Eat what you want, pop the lid back on and stow them in the fridge until the next time you need them - which would be every 5 minutes for me, but may be longer for other individuals. The Italian Seasoned olives are my favorite of the bunch - they taste nearly identical to my favorite baked olive, but with the added bonus of being ready from the jar! Those were gone in 15 minutes flat.

Try them for yourself by checking out the Lindsay website for a store near you, a valuable coupon and a complete list of Lindsay olive products. See if you don't think these are the next best thing to sliced tomatoes, too.

4 comments:

Penny Pincher said...

I like olives, too! I just saw a recipe for a way to use them at a party at this blog...
arecipeforaperture.blogspot.com/2009/12/march-of-goats-cheese-penguins.html

Anne Coleman said...

I've done them! Here : http://cookingwithanne.blogspot.com/2008/01/edible-cuteness.html They are SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I lost your baked olive recipe....the one with cumin seed. Can you direct me to where I can find it?

Anne Coleman said...

Yes! It was originally on Disney's Family.com, which is sadly now defunct - here it is:


Baked Olives

Hands-On Time: 3 Minutes
Ready In: 23 Minutes
Serves: Makes 2 1/2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup Spanish olives with pimiento
1 1/2 cups California ripe olives - pitted
2 cloves garlic - sliced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) cumin seeds
1 pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) paprika

Directions:

1. Drain olives and pour onto a doubled square of aluminum foil - about 12 inches by 12 inches.
2. Top with garlic, olive oil, cumin seeds and paprika.
3. Fold aluminum foil over top of olives and seal well.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Notes: Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for extra kick.
Kalamata or other olives are great for this, too.
These can be done in the microwave, in a microwave-safe dish, on a high setting for 2 -3 minutes.