Monday, November 16, 2009

Ann Clark Cookie Cutters


With the Holidays fast approaching cookie making is at an all-time high. If you want cookie cutters that are sturdy, cut cleanly and have more variety than any other, you want Ann Clark Cookie Cutters.

Ann Clark started small, at a Philadelphia trade show, and is now one of the most well-known cookie cutter makers in the country. In fact, I pass by one of the Ann Clark Ltd. racks when I shop at Wegmans and I have to stop, each and every time, to look at them or add to my collection. Not only are these cookie cutters still made here in the USA - in Vermont - they are some of the cutest and most varied designs I have ever seen. Each cookie cutter comes with a tag that was designed and created by Ann Clark herself.

I have 3 cookie cutters that I received to review and each cut cleanly, held shape, cleaned up easily and the kids loved helping me use them. We used the cookie recipe that came with the cutters and it was so good that my kids asked me to make a second batch - right away!



Here's the recipe:

Sugar Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cup sifted flour

Directions:

Cream together: 1 cup butter 2/3 cup sugar
Beat in: 1 egg
Add: 1 Teaspoon vanilla 1/2 Teaspoon salt 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
Mix until all ingredients are well blended. Chill dough 3-4 hours before rolling Preheat oven to 350. Roll out 1/4" thick and cut. Bake about 8-10 minutes or until barely colored. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks. Cookies can be frosted and decorated or eaten just plain. Enjoy!


There are traditional tin cutters, copper cutters, entire sets, contemporary designs and so much more! You can find Ann Clark cookie cutters and more at the company website, www.annclarkcookiecutters.com and you can also read Ann's blog at Make More Cookies - now run off to check it all out and tell them the 'other Anne' sent you!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! I just made some Thanksgiving cookies with royal icing, will have to check these out ;)

mutuelle said...

I will try out this recipe!

Defiscalisation said...

Nice post! I love cooking.

rachat credit said...

Do you have more recipes to publish?