Thursday, December 27, 2007

And the best gift this year is...




Yes, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations had me giddy and squealing like a schoolgirl at the mere sight of the cover. He's crass. He's rude. He's genius. If you push your way past the grit you'll come to truly appreciate his writing, his humor and his very different and wonderful perspective on life. He's not living it from afar; from an armchair as I am left to do, but from the darkest depths to the highest heights and everything in between and this book showcases it in all its glory and grungy fabulousness.

I'm waiting with baited breath for the newest installments of No Reservations to be aired on The Travel Channel this January. I expect to be entertained in the fashion in which Mr. Bourdain has so deftly accustomed me to. Bring it on!

2 comments:

KFarmer said...

I love that guy! I usually watch him on late night TV. What a wonderful gift~ :)

My fav? Red Ryder BB gun.. lol ;)

Graham Ettridge said...

I am a massive fan of Anthony Bourdain! I watch his programme every week here in the UK. I agree with you, he is a genius and always provides a new perspective on the cuisines of different cultures. I admire the fact that he is willing to try anything and always gives an honest response.